Have you ever seriously thought about living your dream? We did and now we are full time cruisers onboard M/V Big Run. Everyday is a new page to be written in our ship's log as we travel to new places and revisit some ol' favorites. Come along and share our experiences and journeys.

Comments to postings are welcomed. We have elected to moderate all comments before the comment is published, so be patient, you comment will be posted.


Welcome to our Adventure

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Better Safe than Sorry

It occurs to me that the saddest thing I have ever heard can be expressed in the concept - better safe than sorry.  What follows is my editorial debunking that popular notion.   If, when looking back on my life, I were to have lived safely, I am sure that I would have lots of regrets.   The future is not for the faint of heart.  Yet most people lead lives of  quiet desperation.  Life is not about being safe.  It is about taking risks.  It is about driving through a snowstorm to be with the ones you love on Christmas.   It is about selling your possessions and taking off in a boat for lands unknown.  Perhaps I have more wanderlust than the average person.  But being average is a concept that is as deadly as being safe.   For those of you who want nothing more than to be safe, I say - bah humbug.  Live a little and have an adventure worth remembering.  Better ventured than safe!

No comments:

Copyright 2007 and Every Year Thereafter.

All Rights Reserved Including Photo Images and Text.

In Other words - You May Not Use it, Copy it or Steal it!