Have you ever seriously thought about living your dream? We did and now we are full time cruisers onboard M/V Big Run. Everyday is a new page to be written in our ship's log as we travel to new places and revisit some ol' favorites. Come along and share our experiences and journeys.

Comments to postings are welcomed. We have elected to moderate all comments before the comment is published, so be patient, you comment will be posted.


Welcome to our Adventure

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Leave The Bottle

     I openly admit that over the last few days I have lost control of taking this blog private.  What was once an idea, for reasons which I still have to publish, has turned into a computer nightmare.  In their infinite wisdom, Google has mutated a simple concept into a complex web of new and improved garbage.  What I am referring to is my new arch computer nemesis "the private blog" which in the past only required a simple password.  Now, to my understanding, Google requires a reader of a Google private blog to register and create an account (email address), which is just what everyone needs, another account. We already have too many accounts, each requiring a password following a specific format.   I know that I  touted this blog as a journal of our adventures and yet here I am posting another entry about "Blog Technical Stuff".   I guess, in a way, this experience is an adventure into the cyber world!
     So here's the deal.   To date, I have received over 75 requests for access to the blog when it goes private.  When I flip the "go to private" switch, someone is bound to get lost in the shuffle.  For those who get lost and don't have our regular email address, I have set up a temporary email address to help with the change over.  I tried to keep it simple.  The temporary email address is "bigrunprivateblog@gmail.com".  If, when the blog goes private, you can't access the blog, please contact me at that email address.   However, there is a catch.  When the blog goes private, the temp email address will have gone private as well with this blog entry.  I have elected to delay the change over to private for a couple of days. When this change is done, I will definitely need an adult beverage.  Barkeep, make mine a double scotch, neat, and leave the bottle! 

No comments:

Copyright 2007 and Every Year Thereafter.

All Rights Reserved Including Photo Images and Text.

In Other words - You May Not Use it, Copy it or Steal it!